Purple sea moss
Irish Purple sea moss, unlike sea moss, is a seaweed native to the rocky northern Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. It is a dark, leafy seaweed. It is not sea moss, which is more stringy, stick-like, and native to the southern, tropical Atlantic ocean. Also, there is no such thing as ‘Irish Sea Moss’
Sea moss and bladderwrack
Irish Purple sea moss includes Vitamins A, E, F, and K, calcium, potassium, and sulfur. It is also a naturally occurring source of iodine, which can be difficult to include in one’s diet through food alone, and is especially important for supporting healthy thyroid functioning.
Rich in potassium chloride, Irish moss helps with congestion and mucus and holds anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
It’s also thought to be good for dry skin and for skin conditions ranging from eczema to psoriasis, making it a valued ingredient for lotions and moisturizers.
Where to buy sea moss
Irish Purple Moss got its name when it was made famous during the potato famine in Ireland in the 1800s. Because people were starving and desperate for food, they began eating the red alga that was on the rocks. As a result, the name stuck. This alga is also referred to as carrageen moss because of its high carrageen content. The carrageen is used by scientists to make carrageenan which is a common food additive used to maintain stability within processed foods and as a thickening agent.
Product Condition- Due to the careful process in harvesting users may notice a light coating of dried sea water which can crystallize as salt. This is normal.
- THYROID SUPPORT: Sea moss is a potent supplement for those struggling with a sluggish thyroid. Both contain vital hormone precursors, which are what our bodies use to manufacture thyroid hormones. What’s more, sea moss is rich in iodine, which is essential for proper thyroid function.
- IMMUNITY SUPPORT: Sea moss is believed to contain many of the essential minerals, vitamins, and nutrients that promote a healthy immune system.
- DIGESTIVE SUPPORT: Because of the soothing effects of Sea Moss on the mucous membranes in the body, it has been reported to be amazing digestive aid.
- JOINT AND SKIN SUPPORT: Sea Moss is known to help support healthy joints and skin appearance.
- WEIGHT LOSS: Irish Moss is thought to help reduce the appetite due to its ability to absorb moisture, increasing its volume and filling the intestinal tract with a bulking type material, thus increasing the feeling of fullness. Its gentle laxative effect can promote the elimination process of waste through the gastrointestinal tract.
Storage and Handling – Please keep sea moss in a sealed bag or container in a cool and dry environment. Keep away from any moisture or condensation. DO NOT REFRIGERATE.